1. Intended use
Ehrlichia Canis Ab Rapid Test is an indirect lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of Ehrlichia Canis antibody (Ehrli Ab) in dog serum or plasma.
Testing time: 15-20 min
Sample: serum, plasma or whole blood
2. Principle Of The Test
Ehrlichia Canis Ab Rapid Test is based on indirect lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test device has a test window with an invisible T (test) zone and a C (control) zone. When the sample is applied into the sample hole in the device, the liquid flows laterally on the surface of the test strip. If there are enough Ehrlichia Canis antibodies in the sample, a visible T band will appear. The C band should always appear after applying a sample, indicating a valid result. For this means that the device can accurately indicate the presence of Ehrlichia Canis antibodies in the sample.
3. Component Of The Team
- An aluminum bag containing a test cassette and desiccant
- 5.0 ml assay buffer tube
- centrifuge tubes
- Instructions for use
4. Test Procedures
– Collect serum, plasma or whole blood from the dog.
– Take out the cassette from the aluminium bag and place it horizontally.
– Add 1 drop of blood to the elliptical sample hole on the test cassette.
– Then add 2 drops of assay buffer. Wait 15 minutes and interpret the results. The result is considered invalid after 20 minutes.
5. Interpretation Of Results
- Positive: The presence of both the C band and the T band, no matter how weak the T band appears.
- Negative: Only the clear C band appears.
- Invalid: No colour band appears in the C zone, it does not matter if the T band appear
The kit can be stored at room temperature (2-30°C). The test kit is stable until the expiration date is marked on the aluminium bag. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not store the test kit in direct sunlight.
- For best results, strictly follow these instructions.
- All reagents must be at room temperature before performing the assay.
- Do not remove the test cassette from its bag until immediately before use.
- Do not reuse the test kit.
- Do not use the test beyond the expiration date marked on the slide bag.
- The components of this kit have been subjected to quality control tests as standard lot units. Do not mix components from different batches numbers.
The Ehrlichia Canis Ab Rapid Test is for in vitro veterinary diagnostic use only. All results must be considered with other available clinical information from the vet. For an accurate result, it is suggested to apply another method like IFA for final determination in practice.